Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tackling the Stickers

This is what I was working on tonight. I took the box of stickers that I had collected and I started putting them in protective sleeves. Then, I started bringing down my boxes of stickers. Several people that I know keep their stickers in binders. I've even seen it advertised in scrapbooking magazines. It usually has one binder that holds several categories.
Here are my binders. I still have 4 boxes to do. Having my stickers in the boxes made them look organized, but having them in binders actually organizes them. For instance, if I am working on a soccer page, I just need to pull out the sports album (the different sports are separated in the album). This method is going to work a lot better for when I go to my scrapbooking events. Also, as you can see, some of the stickers were larger than the box, so I would have to store them separately.
I have noticed that I will need larger binders for some of the categories, but I will wait until the project is finished to buy what I need. OH MY GOSH--did you hear what I just said---BUY WHAT I NEED. That is unbelievable. It has only taken me 2 months doing this blog and I am talking like a pro. Buy what I need--Buy what I need--no, that is not hard to say at all. I can't believe it--I am wearing a smile that could light up this whole darn town---I'm so happy.
Anyway, it is after 11pm so I must go. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You've come a long way to finally "buy what you need".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you Deborah! That is a huge step by just saying those words... I know for me, I try to do that more often myself.... We get so caught up in "things that we want" and forget about the BIG PICTURE. We moved from a very large house to an average house 15 months ago. We have/had a lot of STUFF! I now have this mantra that I use when I think about buying something...."WHERE IS IT GOING TO GO IN THE HOUSE?". That stops me immediately. I know that in the long run buying something that I really do not need and bringing it home is only going to 1. clutter up the space 2. clutter up my brain 3. make me stressed out that I spent money unwisely and 4 being the most important to my psyche that... I didn't have control. I love open space and it really calms my mind. My space really dictates my mood... So hats off to you for beginning something that I think will change your life for the better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Angela said spoke to me and have copied it to remind me of having a place for an item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angela and Monica. It was a huge moment for me. I am going to write down the number of binders that I need and that is how many I will buy.
    Angela thanks for the tip on the giveaway. My follower numbers are up and the amount of entries for the contest is more than I could have ever imagined. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, my sister loves you as do I.....such true words!

    ReplyDelete