Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to Micro












Here is me micro organizing again. Instead of doing what I had set out to do----I did this. Again, it is pretty having all of my paints, glitter glue, embossing glitters, and inks in order, but it took all night.


When I go to my sisters, here are 2 projects that I will be taking. First, in the red totes (my Stampin'Up stamps)--I need to put some (a lot) of the stamp sets together. That will take some time.

Then, there are these stamps (5 totes in all) that I have to stamp and categorize in a binder like I did for my other stamps. This will be an even bigger project.


So, right now it is 3:30am. I took a little nap, and then I decided to hit the computer room. I hate leaving projects undone, especially if it seems like I haven't done anything all day. But I did. All of the stamps in the red totes are organized so that I can find them. I helped my 2 step-daughters with projects they had to do. I gathered items for a gift for my niece's birthday. She loves crafts, so I am sending her a whole box of stuff. I organized the stamps in the green totes, so they will be easier to categorize. And I started going through 6 boxes of scrapbooking supplies. So, I did do stuff, but it just doesn't look like it. My kitchen table is still a mess, my den is still a mess, and my computer room was a mess.
Since I got up, the computer room table is clear except for 2 containers of scrapbooking items that need to go upstairs. I, also, organized, labelled, and finished the 6 boxes of scrapbooking supplies.
I will call it a night. I have learned a valuable lesson about micro organizing (one that I learn over and over and over)---you may work really hard at something, but in the end, it doesn't look like you accomplished much at all.
I'll talk to you tomorrow. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. What you said about working really hard at something, but in the end, it doesn't look like you accomplished much at all--probably because the other rooms are still needing organized, which you can see. The fantastic micro-organizing that you just did, other people can't see that work done, but only you know it. Logging your work as you're doing it in this BLOG does show you how much you've accomplished, which is a lot. If the other unfinished rooms are bugging you, perhaps concentrate on getting those rooms cleared before any more micro-organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your racks - nice way to organize pretties. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, I completely agree. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed, I just head up to my craft room. I need to put the boxes back in place and tackle that den.
    Thanks Roxanne. I got them from the scrapbooking store. In fact, you know how I get stuff in bulk, I may have too many of these pretty racks. Oh well, another sell or giveaway coming up. lol

    ReplyDelete