Thursday, February 11, 2010

Workout (2/11)

So, on Monday, I ate out at Red Robin. We shared fried cheese sticks, and I ordered their BLTA with fries and a side of rice --oh yeah--and I ordered a Coke half way through the meal (I figured--I hadn't had one in so long--I will treat myself). Of course I couldn't eat it all, so I boxed it up and had the rest for dinner. I gained 1.6lbs. I couldn't believe it. It had been such a long time since I ate out, I was shocked that I gained so much weight.
But I am here to tell you that I lost the 1.6lbs, and I lost an additional 1lb, to bring me down to 213.8. With weigh in Monday, I am a little nervous because I am supposed to go out to eat on Sunday (Valentine's Day).
I also need to get 2 workouts in by the end of Saturday. This week has definitely been a challenge. I cannot believe that I gained so much by eating out once. Well, that just goes to show you how important eating right really is.
I hope you get your workout in and I hope you are eating healthier. I will talk to you tomorrow. Good Luck.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah, For some reason, I am following you twice??? I tried to change my picture and ended up with two accounts.... Need my hubby to help me on this one. Just wanted to let you know :)
    Take care.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know how difficult it is to become a follower, but several people have told me that they are having difficulties. So, I'm glad you have a husband that can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked out today. I did 47 lengths in the pool in 50 minutes. I am tired- I don't know if I will make it back to the pool (you know the whole 21 day challenge thing). I need to get one more workout by Saturday. So, I figure, if I can go again today, I won't have pressure to do it on Friday or Saturday (given their reduced pool time).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got my workout in...didn't want to but went anyway. Be careful on Sunday Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. I am hopefully going to have a steak. I have been craving one for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't get to do my workout because wasn't home all day--except to eat dinner.

    When eating out, avoid sour cream in dishes, avoid fried foods and avoid vegetables "sauteed" because they're fried in oil/butter. Instead order baked/roasted vegetables and broiled meat. If eating a salad avoid the creamy dressings, and use dressing a little at a time on your salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to both of you, mspeck and Deborah! You got your workouts in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Monica--and thanks for the heads up on eating out. Sorry you didn't get your workout in--it happens sometimes.

    ReplyDelete