Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Snow & Makin' Coffee

The snow...
I wanted Dave to clear off my vehicle, since he was already out there clearing the driveway and sidewalks. He said ok and asked if I would make him some coffee....

The coffee...
Now, you hear of people who are very intelligent, but lack common sense. Well, I want to be considered one of those people because the alternative is that I am a regular person who lacks common sense. I had never made coffee before ( at the young age of 37), so Dave explained to me how much water and how much coffee. What he failed to explain is where each one goes. Now, I do have some common sense, so I put the filter in, and then, I put the coffee grounds in. I figured that the coffee and the water come out the same place, so they must go in the same place. So, I start pouring the water in where the coffee grounds are. Then, water starts pouring out. I get a dish towel, and I scream outside --Dave I have an emergency. He comes inside. And this is what he sees.
He asks if I saw the hole. I start looking at the filter that is full of coffee grounds and say, "What hole". He says --no--no --behind where the filter goes. I start laughing hysterically. I asked if he wanted to switch (the vehicle was practically done). No answer. Then, I said, "Well, I better start cleaning this up". He went back outside and said that he would make the coffee when he came inside. Did you ever have to clean the inside of a coffee maker? There are so many little spaces that "wet" coffee can go. I surely did make a mess. Now, I will have to do the floors today. Great.
Anyway, I still want to do my paper again today. I hope you are having a good day. I will keep you updated on my progress. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

6 comments:

  1. LOL--what a story. For me I'm not a coffee drinker, so sometimes making coffee takes some time and I do what you did. At church there's this really big coffeemaker and numerous times have had bad things happen. But with practice it seems to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I am not alone in this. Thanks for sharing -- you made me feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny!.....We are so opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. Not only do you love your coffee, you know how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hysterical! I don't know how to make coffee either Deb! I'm a hot chocolate girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too. I love my hot coco. Have you tried the "Dark Chocolate Sensation"? It tastes just like the restaurant's hot coco.

    ReplyDelete