Friday, February 19, 2010

Workout (2/19)

It's Friday! Yahoooo. Did you get your workouts in? I still have one to fit in--I plan to go to the Y right after I finish typing this post.
I have to tell you, earlier this week I was a little discouraged. I had not lost any weight like I had done in the previous weeks. Discouragement turned into frustration and today I ate 4 donuts---4. That's ridiculous--good, but ridiculous. I don't feel bad at all, I probably should--but I don't. I watched what I was eating--and nothing, I worked out --and nothing, I can't even say that my pants felt looser. Do you ever feel like this? Now I don't know if "the evil twin" arriving has anything to do with it, I heard that sometimes it is hard to lose weight when that time of the month comes around. Frustrating--I tell you--FRUSTRATING.
I am not looking forward to Monday's weigh-in at all. I did buy those diet pills that I haven't tried yet. If Monday turns out to be a blue Monday, I think I may have to turn to the pills.
I hope all of you are having a better week than I am. Good luck in getting your workouts in--I know that you can do it. And good luck eating healthier. I blew it today, but in the grand scheme of things it is one meal-- on one day --out of one week-- during a 7 week challenge. I can do better, and I will--I just had a moment.
I'll talk to you tomorrow and in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. OK--I'm in a little bit of a better mood. I just stepped on the scale and I lost .8lbs, since last weigh-in. It's not the 2lb goal that I have per week, but it is a weight loss. And I will take that anyday.
    I have my suit on and I am off to the Y. I'm feeling bloated, crappy, and tired. But, the good news is I saved $500 on my car insurance by switching to Geico--lol. I did get my B12 shot yesterday, so my energy is returning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now you know how I feel when I'm just maintaining my weight. Remember the advice that you gave me, and yes, when the "evil twin" comes it does seem like there's no weight loss. So maybe jot the date down when there's no weight loss compared to when you lose weight to see a pattern so you can understand what your body's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Monica. I do know how you feel by just maintaining--it stinks. And you workout so much--I can definitely see how you could get discouraged. But don't--we all have to turn a corner someday. And with the amount of workouts you do, I would be shocked if you don't start noticing a weight loss or your clothes fitting looser.
    I did get my workout in today, but I only got 20 lengths in (25min). But --it's better than nothing. I had a busy day today, and I still managed to get it in--I am proud of myself.
    I'll talk to you soon--Monica --and GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete