Monday, February 22, 2010

Weigh-in (2/22)

It's Monday--and it is weigh-in time. I was quite surprised when I stepped on the scale today. It read 213.8lbs, and I thought that I had gained .2lbs. I was kinda bummed. I had worked out, and I ate pretty healthy. Now "The Evil Twin" is in town, so I just attributed my gain to her. But, then --lo and behold-- I went to put the numbers in my notebook, and I had lost .8lbs. I was so excited. It is not the 2lb mark that I am aiming for, but it is another loss--and I will take a loss any day.
So, how did you do? Good week or Bad week? Did you meet your goal? Remember everything counts. These .2 and .8lbs are not showing in my clothes --yet, but they will. If I add up all the numbers, I have lost 5.2 lbs in 4 weeks. If I met my goal, I would have lost 8lbs, but I didn't. In my books--5.2 isn't bad either though. If I would be more strict, I could probably attain my goal, but I am just beginning. And beginning means not drinking a Coke is hard, not eating 4 donuts is hard, not eating cookie dough is hard, working out 3 days a week is hard, and not going out to eat is hard. The beginning is the toughest part because once you take away these things a couple of times--it gets easier and easier (for some things). For example, I did go out to eat this week, but instead of eating a steak dinner at Carrabba's--I had a sub from Jimmy John's. Sure, it was not as good as the steak, but I did go out to eat. It's all about choices--hard choices.
If you are a part of our weigh-in-- Good Luck. I'd love to hear how you are doing. If you are one of the followers that doesn't leave comments--I wish you luck and keep up the good work. If you struggle one day, don't worry there is always a new day. Tomorrow will always be there,--- so take everyday --one day at a time.
I'll talk to you next week. Best of Luck to all of You.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I did pretty good last week - worked out - watched what I eat mostly - did go out to eat Mexican once - gained 2 pounds !!!

    ReplyDelete