Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Day Full of Errands

Have you ever had a day full of errands or appointments? That is what is in store for me today. But one happy thing is my clean SUV. I cannot tell you how much I love driving in my clean car--it is a world of difference. And this new notion to take snacks with me. Wonderful.
So, yes -- back to my errands and appointments.
1) Post Office ( oh how I dread going there- I need to drop off a package and mail out some information--that I forgot about.)
2) Therapy (couples-not really looking forward to it)
3) Getting the Mail- (a task that needs to be done, but I would rather avoid)
4)YMCA- (swimming-64 lengths-which is 1 mile--it will probably take me 1 hour and 10 min.)
5)Homework (I get homework for my therapy appts.- I just have to gather it and transfer it to my journal. I really need to find a good place to keep my journal, so that I am not doing double work.)
6)Phone Calls- (I need to pick some things up from the scrapbooking store that closed. I need to call my dentist and let him know that I am still having problems with my root canal. I need to call my doctor to try to get my B12 shot scheduled. I need to schedule and appt. with the YMCA for the workout equipment-you need to be signed off in order to use the equipment. I also need to make an appointment with the YMCA for a massage (I don't want my free coupons to run out.)I need to call the Vet to make sure that they have the medicine that I need.)
7)Dry Cleaning- I have to drop off my dry cleaning (it is close to my doctor's office)
8)Paper - (I need to clear the table, so that we can eat dinner tonight.)
9)Vet- (my dog needs some more of her monthly medicine-flea/worms)
10)My Friend- (I need to drop off the posts that I just copied- we can switch binders)
11)My SUV - (I need to take it to a muffler shop, so that they can fix the heat shields that are loose.)
12)Pill Container- (A weekly task that needs to be done)
13)Rite Aid - (Refill the prescriptions that I am running out of)
14)Laundry- (A never ending task in which I need to squeeze my laundry in-between the kid's laundry)
15)I need to find out some information on the DAV
...And that is all that I can think of this moment. Now I have to organize the list so that I can make good use of my time. I don't think that I can get it all done today, but I can start eliminating items one by one.
Hope you are having a good day. I'll check-in later. Until then...

4 comments:

  1. That's some list. It probably helps from feeling drained--knowing what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I feel much better once I have it out of my head and on paper. I did my bills today, made pork chops, did a thousand loads of laundry and ironed about 20 items along with my daily chores...but I wish I could get motivated to work out. I am in such a workout funk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To paintergirl232: maybe ask yourself why you want to work out--could the reason motivate you? If not, then think of some other reason why to work out. For me, when I think of working out to lose weight, for some reason I can't or won't do it--am not sure why--maybe I don't think that I can actually do it? But when I think of the reasons that it'll be better for my health (and there are a lot of them), then it's easier to work out. No one can do the work out for you, only you can. Just thought this might help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do find writing down what I have to do helps me stay on track.
    Jan--come on get out of your funk.I know that it can't be easy with kids, but I know that you enjoyed working out when you did it. It was time for yourself. So maybe concentrate on that. Take time for you.

    ReplyDelete