Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dried Flowers


I really love these dried flowers that I found in an old "mail bag". I originally had them on the fireplace during Thanksgiving, but I wanted to move them to my craft room so that I could see them all the time. My dad and I worked on the measurements to build a corner shelf. But, once I placed the flowers on a stand behind the computer, it wasn't as pretty as I had expected. When the flowers were in the living room, the paint/fireplace/furniture/theme was all earth tones. My craft room is painted in a pail pink, and the fixtures are clean lines and bright/bold colors. So, now I am rethinking the whole idea.
Craft room ...pink...................
..
..
..
..
..
..
Living room...earth tones.......
..
..
.
..
..
..
.
My dad was also funny when I was talking to him about my rooms collecting clutter. He said--the rooms that collect more clutter than others are the rooms that you live in more. Priceless--- dad. We laughed for a bit on that one. He also thought that it was a bit crazy to have a blog (workout/weigh in) inside a blog (clearing clutter). He said that I do take things to the extreme--I don't know about that. I liked the comment that I am organizing my blog. ha ha
Well, I've got to see what I am going to do today. I am a bit tired (I still didn't get my B12 shot). I did talk to the VA and I filled out paperwork for the DAV. Our government and their paperwork---unbelievable. I have 3 issues that I am dealing with for the VA--and I am getting frustrated. But, then again--that is exactly what they want.
I had therapy today and I have it again tomorrow. I'm up to 3 times a week--wow--check me out. I must really be "messed up". Someday we will figure me out--the combination is difficult--but not unbreakable. I was actually part of a study where they paid me. They needed me because I was an interesting "test study". In the grand scheme of things, I could be the patient that they talk about in psychiatric studies.--Cool huh.
Well, I am going to go for now. I hope you are having a good day. I'll keep you updated. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

7 comments:

  1. Totally in love with the mail bag and bucket!! Where did you find them????

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Hartville--The Hartville Market Place. The store in on the top floor right when you get off the elvators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are good pictures showing how an item can look great or mediocre.

    So you're "organizing" your BLOG. Well, I still think it's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comment from dad about rooms that collect more clutter are the ones you live in most. That is just his excuse for the way that the family room looks all the time. He lives in front of the TV and that painting table that he made. Don't you love the design that he painted on there?? LOL! I can't decide which one I like more...the painting table that is inside or the stool that is out in the garage?? Gotta love him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica-if I wouldn't have taken the pictures, I would not have known how big the difference is. The item is now on the fireplace in the living room
    Jess-he is a funny one. But the rest of the house is spit-spot. And he does like his art work--I think the table and the stool are a tie for me. You definitely know where he spends his time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Jessica. Deb I love the mailbag too and I like it best in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too. I just thought that I could put it in my craft room on a corner shelf because I like it so much. But the piece does look better with the earth tones in the living room.

    ReplyDelete