Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Banana Treat


..
..
..
..
..
..
You must be wondering why I am showing you pictures of my Banana dessert. Well, the directions that "I" read were place 3 large sliced bananas on a graham cracker crust or a pastry of your choice. Then squeeze contents of pouch "Nana Creme Filling" evenly over bananas.Refrigerate 4 hours. Well, my husband pointed out to me that it said "prepared graham cracker crust" and he got the Betty Crocker book out. Needless to say, I'm here trying to make a simple dessert for the family. So what if I put the graham crackers in a zip lock bag--pounded them with my fist--and called that a crust. I'm sure this can be considered a crust. It's not going to taste bad. I mean for heaven's sake it's bananas, graham crackers, and "Nana's" filling. My husband just shook his head and went out the door. I'm sure in his perfect little world, with his perfect little wife, wearing the perfect little apron--could have produced the perfect little dessert. But we are talking me here--the one who doesn't cook--the one who thinks pizza rolls make a great dinner--and the one that calls A1 sauce---AL's steak sauce. One could say that I do not know my way around the kitchen, the spice rack, the pantry (unless it is for DOUBLE STUF OREO'S---then I can find my way), the oven, the toaster oven, and all of the little gadgets that one just has to have from every cooking company. You know what I mean--the orange peeler--the paring knife--the melon baller---etc. In fact, we bought an expensive set of knives, so now I can't even use the glass cutting boards because it will dull the knife. People--my husband should be proud that not only do I know but I remember that little fact!
Wow, did I get off subject. I'll let you know how the dessert goes--it will either go or it won't.
I am doing my totes--don't you worry. I am organizing--I just took a little break for a cooking lesson from my husband. I guess all of you know by now that my husband DID NOT marry me for my cooking abilities. lol And just to let you know--spell check recognized A1 and not AL's.
I'm going to get back to work, it's 7 pm and I will work for another hour. I hope your day has gone good. Talk to you soon. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

7 comments:

  1. It is yummy. I have had 2 pieces already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left out the "fatty" ingredient-the margarine-so it's much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, and the "filling" had no fat also. What a great treat, and the only fat is from the graham crackers. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get the Nana Creme Filling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got it at Giant Eagle near the banana section.

    ReplyDelete