Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Workout (2/17)

It's Wednesday--we are half-way done. Monica and Roxanne seem to be getting their workouts in. I have my suit on and I am going to go to the Y after this post. I did not get my workout in last night due to family problems. But there are no excuses for this morning. The kids are off yet again-snow day-can you believe it. They were off yesterday too. Well, I am dropping them off at their grandmothers. I will get the workout in today because if I don't, I will have too much to make up.
If anyone else is out there doing the 21 day challenge, good luck getting your workouts in. I know you can do it.
If you are trying to eat healthier, stick with it. I know you can do it.
Remember---small steps--it gets the job done. It may be discouraging not to see big improvements (believe me - I know), but any improvement -no matter how small- is still an improvement.
It is the 17th of February. What is your goal? My goal is 2lbs a week by May 10th. Some weeks I am under that goal, but some weeks I am over that goal. If I lose 2lbs a week by May 10, that will be 30lbs. Now that is BIG. But so far, I have only lost small amounts (1.5, 2.7, .2). Those amounts total 4.4lbs- which is a nice weight loss for 3 weeks. Now it should be 6lbs, but I really blew my last weigh-in. Little by little, hopefully, I can make it up. But, hey I still lost 4.4lbs--and that is 4.4lbs that I am not carrying from last month--I'll take it.
So, see how small improvements can become something big. If I can do it, I know you can do it. Just stick with it, it will happen. You will become stronger and leaner. I will talk to you tomorrow. Go for it.

6 comments:

  1. I have yoga dvd's I use at home for my work outs - I used to belong to Bally's but it got expensive and it was hard to get motivate to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my 64 lengths and my arms are sore. I didn't eat good yesterday, so I have to make up for it.
    Roxanne-do you like to do yoga? I have a DVD-I just haven't tried it out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No workout today. Planning on it after work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like yoga - I have all of Rodney Yee's dvd's - I have been doing yoga for several years and now do the harder dvd's - they are quite a work out. Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Wed exercise.

    Roxanne, what's title of yoga dvd that's harder? I'm still doing the basic yoga (GAIM dvd).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rodney Yee has as ton of dvd's - Total Body and Yoga Burn are a bit harder (to me anyway lol)

    ReplyDelete