Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Organize This---The Sleigh

..
..
..
..
..
..



So, garage sale season is right around the corner, and I can't wait. But as you can see from the pictures, my basement is full. I will need to work on this, so that I can go to the garage sales.

I have thought about it, and I have decided that if I don't get the basement organized before garage sale season starts, if I buy something --then, I will have to get rid of something.


Here is a funny story about a garage sale. So, this was during the time when I was in the hospital program. My driving privileges had been taken away by my doctors because mentally I was not doing good. One Friday, I was the only one who showed up for class, so I was mixed in with the Mental Health Ward for the day. I was allotted extra time for lunch because of the schedule that they had to keep. It was a nice day (May), and I decided to go to a garage sale. I put my backpack on and I took the newspaper, and I was on my way. I asked the valet guys where certain streets were, and they graciously helped out. Anyway, I was walking for about 30 minutes ( I couldn't find these garage sales), when I came upon a sale. I was so excited. So, I'm looking around and I find a sleigh. A wooden sleigh that could be broken down, so that I could carry it back to the hospital. I purchased a couple other things, and then it was time to check out. The owner of the house noticed that I had walked there and asked where I was going. I told her to the hospital. She said I will drive you--I said no --it's ok, I'll just walk back. She said that the sleigh was too awkward and heavy to walk back to the hospital. Then, the two girls behind me piped up. We'll take her. We are on our lunch break, and we work at the hospital. I said that I was on my lunch break too. Then I said no--that's ok I'll just walk back, it's a nice day out. They insisted. So, I put the sleigh and my other bag in the back of their car, and then I got in. As we were driving off, they asked me where I worked in the hospital. I said that I didn't work in the hospital. Then, they asked me who I was visiting in the hospital, I said that I wasn't visiting anyone in the hospital. You know what that meant--yep--I was a patient. I told them that I was in the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP). The girl in the passenger seat immediately sat on her hands. I could not see her face, but I did see the driver's face--and it was one of horror. I told them not to worry-- that I used to be an air traffic controller.--(A respectable position should calm them down right?) Not really. The rest of the car ride was very awkward. And it even grew more awkward when they wanted to drop me off at my car because of the heavy bags. I said no--that's ok. So, they parked the car and I walked with the sleigh, a bag, and my backpack into the hospital and up to the Mental Ward. You should have seen the looks that I was receiving. Well, I guess I did look a little suspicious. I was carrying a huge garbage size black bag filled with the sleigh, another bag, and my backpack. What a Day--I thought to myself. I can tell this story and laugh now, but boy was it awkward to live it.

6 comments:

  1. I know -- I was cracking up when I was typing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,

    I was laughing out loud at this story. It would have been so much funnier if you were telling me in person. I always love your stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jess. It was truly a good one.

    ReplyDelete