Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Favorite Town Store---Closed


Today is a sad day for me. The scrapbooking store in town, Memory Manor, closed their doors today. I visited them today and tears were flowing. They shut their doors around 5pm, and then we began boxing things up. In only 2 hours, we were able to get all of the scrapbooking items on 2 tables. To make some extra money, the store also had some garage sale items for sale. I will help them box stuff up again tomorrow.

So, I did not organize anything in my house, but I helped the ladies organize the scrapbooking supplies.
I will miss going there. The 2 ladies that ran the store were very nice and friendly. I would help them out from time to time by organizing some of their supplies or rearranging some of their displays. I always like going into scrapbooking stores because you can see some neat and original stuff. They usually have items on display, and sometimes they will feature pages or items that you can decorate (like a purse). I would go in there regularly, and I would usually stay for a while. The one sister was always working on something--usually her dog album (it was beautiful).
A stray dog was found near their store. They took him in, and he became an instant fit. She would bring him to the store a lot because she lived far away, and he had dog classes that she enrolled him in. He is now a therapy dog, but her husband doesn't want the dog. (I found that out today). So, she has to find him a new home. He is great with kids, he is potty trained, and he is a certified therapy dog. He is a great dog. If anyone knows of someone who could give this dog a good home, please let me know. I know that this is hard on her, but it would be equally hard if she could not find a good home for him.
I hope you had a good day, and I will talk to you tomorrow. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. I wondered about this store the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, they took a long time to close. When I was talking with them, they said that they had been "going out of business" for 11 months. Chris used to run the store.Then, her mom took over the store and the aunt helped. Anyway, the store was in the mom's name and she incurred a lot of credit card debt due to the store. So, instead closing in 1-2 months, she prolonged it to try to recover some of the money that she had in the business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told a lady about this certified therapy dog and she said if she had more info on him, what size/type/breed of dog, she might be able to see if anyone wants it. She herself visits a nursing home with her dog.

    ReplyDelete