Sunday, January 10, 2010

Purple's, Blue's, and a Licking Dog


It is 8:30 pm and I have only completed 1 color- purple. Blue is almost done. I am half tempted to do brown and black, so it appears that I have accomplished a lot. I cannot believe how long this task is taking me. My back hurts from standing, measuring, cutting, and folding for 2 days. I have skipped meals (That's really no big deal--until I get that hypoglycemia look in my eye. Then, watch out. )

So, far no cuts or anything like that. Just dissatisfaction. I completely misjudged this task. But, at least it is getting done right? Right.


So, my friend just got me out of the house because I needed a little break. We went shopping - Dollar Store and Rite Aid. We were in one of the isles and she starts to tell me that her dog has started licking. And I'm thinking well my dog licks. But then she asked me, "Does your dog lick." I said, "Yes - you do mean in the private area." (I'm thinking again - my dog has allergies, so she does lick sometimes.). She said, "No". Then, I asked,"What does your dog lick?" She said, "The base boards--the wall." We both started cracking up. She said, "Do you think he is lacking something." I'm telling you---I couldn't stop laughing. Then, I said, "I don't know", while I shook my head. That was the funniest thing I had heard all day.


So, like this is insane. I actually switched to black so that I could get more accomplished. I did black and gray. And I still have not finished the blues. I don't even know where I am going to put all of these blues. Unbelieveable. And I still have to do the greens.
The crazy thing is --- I remember all of the material. I am not coming across pieces --wondering--where did I get that or I didn't know that I had that.
I think my sister is right. I love to look at pretty things. And I like to group things by color. I mean ---- Who in their right mind would have so much fabric and not even be a quilter or someone who loves to sew? Really? Who would sort, measure, cut, fold, group, and stack all of this material? Where are the left overs going? -- into the white boxes that I hold so dear to my heart. I do love the crisp lines of the folded material. I also love all of the beautiful colors--so many different shades. I mean really ---what scrapbooker has this much blue material? So much that it could not be cut and folded in 1 day. I am crazy. Aaahhhaa oh well. I can always rely on the beautiful -- pretty material to brighten my day.
Maybe, I will make a book of all my material. That would reduce the area that it is in --greatly. Then, all I would have to do is flip thru the book---I could even match pictures to the color swatches. How fun is that? Well, ok maybe that isn't fun, but it could be a good idea.
It is 11:59pm and I am exhausted. I am going to quit for tonight, but I will be back tomorrow with another task. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment