Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mail Organization is Complete

So, here is what I did to conquer the mail. I sat down and divided the mail into 4 categories: junk mail, coupons, magazines, and bills. I went through all the bills, took the bill out and placed it inside the return envelope---that way it would be easier for Dave to mail out the checks and file the paperwork. Dave takes care of the bills---some are handled online, yet some he still has to mail-in.


We already had a holder for our coupons (the mahogany organizer), so I just cleaned out all of the old stuff. As for the bills, tax stuff, and my stuff that will all be housed in folders in the white organizer (which I already had--but wasn't using). The white organizer will also house the medical receipts for deduction purposes. There is a basket (already had it) to hold all receipts. I, also, have a wicker basket (all ready had it, but wasn't using it) in my living room that will hold all the magazines.

So, now I think I'm ready to take on the mail. Unless, we get invitations---thank you notes---what will I do. I think I will just have to leave them on the table. Just kidding. I will just attach them to the cork board on the white organizer. Sweet.

I am going to call it a day. While I watch TV, I will sort some of my material. I will talk to you tomorrow. Until then...

This is me. This is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! Btw, thank you notes are read then go right into the garbage. No need to keep them, the task is done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool--I was hanging on to them as memorabilia to go into a scrapbook someday.

    ReplyDelete