Thursday, January 14, 2010

What do I do?

So, here I am in my computer room, reviewing the comments. And one person wants to buy some of my material off of me. That is not my dilemma. Since someone actually wants material, should I go through all of my material.


****Material****


I have 4 boxes --no make that 6 boxes and 5 totes. I was not going to go through any more material for a while.

So, do I finish the task, or do I hold off on viewing the other totes and boxes until I want to tackle material again?

**********Mail***********


One thing that I did want to tackle today was the mail. I need to go through the mail that I just got from the mailbox. I need a place for it to go--just in case I only have time to get it from the mail box. Half or a third of my mail seems to be magazines, and I did make a place for those.





********finished**********

My husband did compliment me when he came down the stairs. He said that he heard the vacuum, and that I did a really nice job. Yea for me. The boxes are labeled by color. I also have a rack to hold my slippery, bulky, or "named" (like John Deer or Steeler) fabrics.






********Dilemma********

So, let me know what I should do about the material-- do I go through all of the boxes and totes, or do I do it on a different day. My plan is not to measure, cut, fold, and stack the material --unless it is really pretty. My plan is just to sort it to see what I have, to possibly help out the person who wants some material, and give the rest to the Salvation Army.

7 comments:

  1. That is a dilemma - it is good to finish a project once it is started - or for me I never get back to it - but on the other hand some times it's good to switch projects so they don't get so boring - Well I guess that is no help at all - lol
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - the finished boxes look fantastic !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, You crack me up. I didn't mean to make it more confusing for you. :) I just thought if you didn't want all of it or the amount was becoming too overwhelming, I would buy some from you. The boxes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are not making it confusing. I really don't know what to do. And by the way what kind of material terry cloth (I don't have a lot of that), cotton, polyester,... I'm not sure what you make them out of--I would think you would want something absorbent. Anyway..I also need to know what color(s). Really it is no big deal. I think I will sort some of the material tonight while I am watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say, don't do it if you are dreading it. If it is weighing on you to get done then do it, but if not leave the other boxes in the basement for now until you are up for that task again. Everything looks great all cleaned up, leave it that way for a while and move on to a different room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb,

    I actually use cloth diapers for the burp cloths. i just use the material/fabric to dress them up. I will give you a call next week some time to talk! The story about the lingerie had me laughing out loud. Hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to talk to ya. I'm glad it had you laughing. My sister and I were cracking up too.

    ReplyDelete