Thursday, January 28, 2010

Put Away?

I had a hard day today. And now I can see how I contribute to my clutter problem.
This is a photo of my computer room. It is the desk that I just cleared a couple days ago. And look at it. It's all my stuff. Stuff that I did not put away from yesterday. So, I get it---I just have to allot time to put my stuff away. Because now I have to do it tomorrow--instead of doing something else. Moral of the story: I need to put my stuff away after I work on it--even if I am working on it late at night.
I hope all of you had a good day. Oh and my "family" therapy appt. didn't go that great. But, I can't tell you about it because there is a "gag order" in place. Oh well.
I'll talk to you tomorrow. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get too tired to put things away too. I try to make it the first thing on my "to do" list for the next day. Baby steps can go just as far as big ones, they just take us a little bit longer........ and that is ok : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah
    I wonder if a habit I use when putting away would help? I make it a rule to take the extra few seconds it will take at the end of every task to put what I've been using away immediately. AND I use that mental time to congratulate myself on finishing that task. This works really well when I'm tired or I've just finished something I hate doing like my accounts! Hope it works for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, just wanted to tell you that this is such a great idea and i'm glad to be a follower! Hopefully by reading your blog, it will inspire me to become more organized.

    Love ya,
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angela and Sheila--I love both of your ideas. Sometimes I am too tired, on the other hand---I think I would have a whole different attitude if I would congratulate myself while I am finishing the task. Thanks.

    Lynette--thanks. Jan and I came up with it. She thought that I should start a blog about something people could use, but it also needed to be something that people would want to follow (ex. funny). So, that is how this blog got it's name. And I'm glad you are a follower too. My therapist thinks it's a cult, but then she asked for the web address--go figure. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete