Saturday, January 30, 2010

Frozen SUV? - SMART Husband-Nah

So, I told my husband about my plan to get the vehicle washed and to clean the inside. He said that he didn't think that the car wash place that I wanted to go to would be open. I said the one down the street is open. He said that he thought it was too cold. I said Nah--and waved my arm like you don't even know what you are talking about. So, I leave--it's about 4:45 and I drive to the car wash on the outside of town. Anyway, they are open, so I drive up. The guy put the wand of water to the vehicle, and as soon as he started going down the side of the vehicle--ice crystals were forming on my passenger side window. I thought to myself---as I nodded my head--men sometimes know things--especially "vehicle" things. He was pretty smart to know that it was cold--cold enough for water to form ice crystals on my vehicle.---But (as I am smiling)--they were open. And really that says it all for me. If they are open--it is not too cold. So, my car starts to go through the wash -and --POP POP POP --My windows are cracking everywhere. I can't believe it. The warm water----the frigid temperatures---POP POP POP----Just kidding. That was a good one huh? Anyway, the wash is done, and the people are towel drying my vehicle. They were not fast enough for the ice though. They were chipping ice and soap off my rear view mirrors. Funny. They couldn't even get it all--they just wiped away the ice in a circular motion in the middle of the mirrors--so that I could see. I had this smirk on my face as I tipped the workers I thought---my husband is a "SMART" man. Now, I don't say that often. And I'm sure he is going to print this post and show it to his co-workers, his friends, his supervisors, etc.

So, I cleaned the inside of my vehicle (front and back), and I put some sort of vinyl/leather coating on it to make it shiny. The cover on the wheel is one that my sister just got for me.









So, I did my vehicle today. I am now going to retire to my craft room for the night. I hope all of you had a good day. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

5 comments:

  1. That's a good story. LOL. Give credit to whom credit is due.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 followers--Cool huh And, I thought it was a funny story too. I read it to my husband and he was laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should think about doing a scrap-book page of this story, as well as a scrap-book for your organizing. You really have it easy-it's all on your BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea-Thanks Monica. I am already printing out the blog, so I won't have to keep referring to the computer. And all of the photos that I am using are basically in one folder. That's another thing that could get organized--my photos on my computer.

    ReplyDelete