Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday Cards



The task that I have chosen to do today is : tackle my holiday cards. My sister showed me a cool way to enjoy the cards during the holiday season. You can tape them to your front door or (like my sister does) tape them to a wall going down/up your stairs. But what do you do when the season is over. What do you do with the cards that contained photos. It is a m-y-s-t-e-r-y. Well, ok - it isn't. But if your like me -- a saver-- you are puzzled by the task at hand. For the ones that are just cards, you can cut the top off and donate them to your church, hospital, or another organization that uses the tops of cards for kids to send Christmas cards (or for that matter any cards like birthday). As for the photo cards, if you are a scrapper - like I am- you can make a 2 page layout including your photo cards and any other cards that were special to you.

Now this is where the problem lies. Where do I store these photos/cards? Another box perhaps. No- No- No. I need to find a way or a system so that I can get to these photos/cards when I am ready to either make my layout or drop them off to the organization of my choice. I could adopt the ways of others and just toss the things, but I don't operate like that. Maybe I will need to start. But for right now, I will take down the rest of my cards from my door, cut the tops off, separate the photos from the cards that I am going to give away, and ponder upon what to do next.

8 comments:

  1. Throw them away! The best part is that you will get more next year to replace the ones that you just threw away!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep the photo ones in a photo box and the kids like to look back at them.......as for cutting the tops off to give to charity, don't they cut them for you??? seems like alot of energy to spend ( see if you can donate them as is).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, my wife actually keeps the front part of the cards and uses them as "gift tags" for the next year. She keeps them with all of her wrapping paper & bags [in a closet].

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Darin, that is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good idea Darin! As for donating them, if you don't find a place to donate them in a week or 2 toss them. Have to put time limits on these things or they will pile up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good idea too because I do tend to let things get away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard that you can send them to St. Jude's hospital until February. If you are interested, I would call or google St. Jude's Hospital and it may give you exact information.

    ReplyDelete