Sunday, January 24, 2010

Diet? --- Jenny Craig

Well, I went to the Y today to get rid of some of my excess physical clutter. I was happy I did that. Tomorrow starts the real "diet" you know watching what you eat and making an extra effort to workout. It reminds me of a time back in high school, when my brother and I decided that we were going to go on a diet. We figured that we should eat all that we could because the next day we would be starving. So, we went to Giant Eagle. We bought Ding Dongs, Ho Ho's, ice cream, candy bars. You name it --- we bought it. And we ate it. That diet lasted 3 days I think. We couldn't take it anymore. I don't even think we lost the weight that we put on. Anyway, I feared that would happen again --- you know -- me starve and all-- so I drank a can of Coke---'cause you know that I'm not going to be allowed to drink that. I finished off the Oreo's--yum --those were good. And you know I'm not going to be allowed those (7 grams of fat for 2 cookies). 2 COOKIES---can you believe that---well, they were the Double Stuf. Did you know they spell stuff--stuf --on their packaging? I wonder why. Those are the things that I ponder when I am chowing down a package of those things. And that cream filling---sinful. That's probably where all the fat comes from. But who cares--boy is that "stuf" tasty. Yep--pop and Oreo's...oh yea I also had some M&M's. Right now--I'm actually thirsty for some water. Some ice cold water. The other day I made a parfait out of crushed ice and water- I just kept layering them. I thought it might be a little different ---you know I just wanted to shake things up a bit. But, in the end it was just cold water with ice in it. Tomorrow --those are the only parfaits that I will be allowed.


I have a funny Jenny Craig story to tell you. Now I've been on Jenny Craig off and on about 4 years. I know what you are probably saying to yourself ---4 years--that's a long time. Well, I have to be honest, in those 4 years I didn't just eat Jenny Craig. I know --I know --shocker huh? So, let's get back to the story. Whenever I had just started on the Jenny Craig program, I was working. For lunch, I brought in the Broccoli and Cheese Potato. It is a good meal, but I was stressed that day, so I grabbed a handful of butter (you know those little pats of butter). Anyway, one of my co-workers saw me and told me to put the butter down. I said--No. They said that they were going to call Jenny Craig. I said --Go right ahead. They did. Can you believe it? They told my lady (Trish) that they had a Food Emergency and that I was going to eat some butter. Believe me---I know---I worked with a bunch of clowns. Anyway, the phone call got transferred to me in the break room---it was Trish. She said," Deb put the butter down --just walk away". This was the craziest thing I had ever heard of. I just wanted butter for my potato--so I negotiated. ha ha I was allowed to keep 2 pats of butter. She still laughs about it. She said that she keeps telling everyone if they need help --call in --that's what they are there for. And then she tells them my story---The Food Emergency. Well, the potato is better with butter. Heck isn't everything better with butter.


Here is where I worked today. I sorted embellishments. I know --fun--right? I do find it very relaxing, and I did not want to tackle my closet again today. I did step in my closet --moved some stuff around--then I got the heck out of there. I moved on to something pretty and shiny.

Well, that's about it for today. I hope you had a good day and a good weekend. Oh yea--I just remembered --I stopped at DQ to get their med. Chocolate Cherry Love Blizzard. That was lunch. I have a smile on my face just thinking of it. Anyway, take care, and I'll keep you updated. Until then...

This is me. This is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you will watch the Biggest Loser on Tues, 8p.m., on NBC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a scrapbooking business or hope to someday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always dreamed of having a business. And I could definitely see myself owning a scrapbooking business--if it stays around.
    Thanks for the day and time for the Biggest Loser, I am usually watching NCIS. I will definitely watch it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete