Friday, January 22, 2010

Laps and T-shirts

Well, today has been a day for all days. I made it to the Y twice. TWICE. Can you believe it? I know-me neither. The second time I went- I did pray for a lane to do my laps (nighttime is family time at the Y). Anyway, all the lanes were full, but one lady was just doing exercises. So, I asked if I could share her lane. I no sooner get 2 laps done and the lane next to her opened up. Fantastic. Now I got there at 7:15 and the pool closes early on Fridays (7:30), so I'm thinking I'm only getting 15 minutes in. But I'm happy with that. You combine that with my earlier session--and I completed 30 minutes. Awesome. But --no--wait a minute--nobody was getting out of the pool. The lifeguard decided to keep the pool open to 8:30pm--was it my day or what. I have to admit --I was getting sore, so I only swam for 45 min. 45 MINUTES. So, I did 1 hour today. Yea for me. I did far more than I had ever expected.


So, I get home and I try on my T-shirts. Not the best of moments --the XXL is fitting the best. So, I tried on, folded, and put my T-shirts back into my closet. When I was in my closet, I found more T-shirts--but that did not surprise me. I thought I had more T-shirts than what I had tried on. So, tomorrow--more shirts.
I also still have to do the floor and on top of the bench. I am uncertain if I will finish it this weekend or do a project just for the weekend.

14's and L (top)

16'S and XL (middle)

18's and XXL (bottom)

My Achilles heel has really been bothering me lately. That is one of the reasons that I am swimming. You know---I am really quite afraid of the water. If I can stand in it--- I'm OK. If I know that I can get to safety (a side of a pool) then --I'm OK. But if you leave me in the open water of the ocean -- let's just say-- Hermosa Beach, CA-- I may freak out if a tide comes and removes the bottom from my feet. I may start choking --yelling---and I may even get saved by the lifeguard. This is a true story. What I am leaving out is how my actions got my sister and I kicked out of the ocean. I admit -- it wasn't fair to her. She was an innocent by-standard. But when you are around me---sometimes---just sometimes---trouble ensues.


Whenever I was young, I was on a swim team. At one of our meets, I was part of a relay team and I was doing my flip to go to the finish line. For some reason, I swam down instead of up. Trouble--you bet. One of the coaches jumped in to save me.--How embarrassing. That was the beginning of the end. I did not get back in the water to restore my confidence, nor did I swim for the swim team again.


Anyway, I do love the water of a swimming pool. And I really enjoyed swimming today. I really hope all of you had a good day, and I will talk to you tomorrow. Until then...


This is me. This is my blog.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a great exercise day. It must feel great to be able to swim laps. I only know the side stroke, floating and treading water so I can't swim laps like you can. So I think it's really great that you're able to swim laps. I hope you mark this date and time down on your calendar so you can see what days/times work best for your swimming. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. Thanks for the confidence. It did feel great accomplishing this task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming is a great exercise - I can't swim and am afraid of the water - When I was little I live by Lake Erie and that water was scary - fish and sea weed - ewwwww

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great JOB!! I am proud of you, if you were here I would sing the proud of you song to you. Love your sis.

    ReplyDelete