Friday, January 22, 2010

Let's Swim



I did it. I made it to the Y. I swam for 15 minutes, and like my sister said-- I wish I could have swam longer. But, I DID IT. I got out of my house in time to drive there and swim for 15 minutes. Hopefully, this is just 1 step among many on my quest to lose weight. I am really excited about making it to the gym today. And I can't wait until I can get back into that pool. Look at that water--doesn't it look so inviting?

It's like Monica said, the people on The Biggest Loser workout a lot during their day. If I want to lose weight, not only do I have to be on a healthy eating plan (Jenny Craig), I have to workout a lot. I am planning to go back to the Y again at 7 pm, so that I can swim some more.

I will try on my shirts today, as painful as that may be. So, off I go, but I will keep you informed. Until then...

This is me. This is my blog.

5 comments:

  1. That's great you made it to swim - I used to have a membership at Ballys and the hardest part was making my self get there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree--it is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is great Deb! I was just talking to Adam about joining the YMCA over the holidays. We are going to get a family membership next month. I have absolutely no motivation to go though! I know that I want to start working out but I don't enjoy it. I have to somehow find the motivation to get there. I give you a lot of credit! I wish we lived closer because everyone that I talked to said that going to work out with someone else gives you more motivation. If I had someone to go to classes with, I think I would feel more obligated to go. Again, so impressed that you are swimming now!

    Love ya,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, this blog has helped me to keep accountable. I post everytime I go to work out, why don't you leave me comment when you go to work out. It would help us both. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete