Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Closet

Here it is---my closet.











It is filled with clothes from size 8 to 18. I love purses too. Since winter is still in, my summer purses go (are supposed to go) on the bottom rack of my closet. My winter purses are downstairs on a coat rack. Oh how I do love my purses. I do get rid of some from time to time. In fact, I am getting rid of 10-20 this week--to the Salvation Army and a second hand shop. My "named" purses, I take them to the second had shop. They sell them and then I get credit in my account to buy things. Cool huh? This second hand shop was rated #1 in Akron (by an Internet poll).




So, I know I have to get rid of some of these clothes, but I don't know the rule. I had heard that if you haven't worn it in 6 months then get rid of it---that would be a lot of clothes. Does anyone have any ideas? And how about shoes? Any time limit on shoes?
And don't worry about that material I've been working on ...let me do all of the worrying. I am still boxing it up. I will not leave it in the computer room --- like I usually would. I really wanted to start a new task.
Let me know about any ideas for my clothes.Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

8 comments:

  1. And what do I do if I liked some clothes, but I don't fit in them anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say if it doesn't fit get rid of it - but I also have several sizes in my closet - hoping to fit into them again (soon I hope - lol)
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - if I buy something new I try and get rid of something in my closet - I get rid of stuff that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea. I did buy some clothes a few months ago, I'll see what I can get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's another rule that I read. You have to answer "yes" to both of the following questions to keep the clothing:

    1) Does it fit me?
    2) Does it look great on me?

    Also, maybe you could keep two sizes of clothing--one that fits you now and the next smaller size when you start losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you decide what items to keep from the smaller size?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb,
    I just cleaned out my closet too. I used the rule: If I haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it! I got rid of 3 bags of clothes! Hope you are doing well. Thinking of you!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are constantly getting rid of clothes. You are my hero. Thinking of you too.

    ReplyDelete