Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hauling & The YMCA

Today is going to be a day of hauling. Hauling all of these boxes and totes to the basement. I really dread this task. I had sprained my Achilles tendon in my left foot a couple weeks ago and it is STILL bothering me. Just the other day I was talking about it to my sister. I told her that I feel so old. She said -- I know what you are talking about. Last year I threw out my back. I asked her what she did--- I'm expecting something like moving heavy boxes. She said she bent down to pick up a 12 pack of pop. What! We laughed so hard. Throwing out her back lifting up pop. How funny is that. Then I told her--I think I sprained my Achilles tendon by going up and down our basement stairs in bare feet (no shoe support). How insane. I definitely do not "feel" my age, unless we are talking about aches and pains. Now --I understand what my dad has been talking about all these years. Getting older sucks. I guess I could do something to slow down the process of aging ----something like working out.
I really should workout. I do have a membership to the YMCA and I did consult with one of the trainers. He advised me to swim. That would put the least amount of pressure on my Achilles tendon. He also said that I could do some moves to strengthen my Achilles tendon. I just really need to get serious about working out. It would be better for me in many areas---maybe I can shed the "X" from the tag that I am wearing. Wouldn't that be terrific? So, many benefits, yet so little motivation. Maybe I will make working out one of my tasks. It is supposed to increase endorphins, so I will work harder and maybe even better. Working out could help me in my quest to clear clutter-- I could get rid of all of my "X" clothes. I would be accountable to my readers. I would lose weight - which is one of my New Year's Resolutions. I would be getting out of the house--something I need so desperately to do.

So, today's task will be to haul the boxes and to gather my bathing suit, a towel, and my YMCA card. Doesn't that water look refreshing and inviting? I think it does. A few months ago when I was swimming on a regular basis,---I took this picture. This is the pool that I will be swimming in. Cool huh? Oh--I also need to refill my pill container. It takes a while to do this--you know 20 pills and all -- over 7 days. Daunting.
I will talk more later. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you ever watch The Biggest Loser on Tues night--this program helps to motivate me. Picking days of the week and specific times to do exercise keeps me to stick to my exercise plan. You just have to get up and do it. If a day/time doesn't work then try another time that will. Just don't give up. Doesn't it take 21 days to learn a new habit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept blocking time in the morning to work out and I never did. Maybe if I just switch my time to the afternoon --I will be more successful. And no-- I really haven't watched the Biggest Loser. Maybe, I will give that a try as well. Thanks Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, Dave and I love this show! We watch it while we eat ice cream and other goodies! I guess we are not going to lose weight that way. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uuummm ice cream--Let's go eat ice cream. I was told not to eat in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete