Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day #2 of the Material/Nostalgia


So, on to Day 2 of the material. Today could be a long day. I want to get the material done so that I can move on to something else. I don't know why I love material so much. Maybe it's because my mom and my grandmother made our clothes when we were growing up. My mom made outfits for me and my sister. She would make matching purses to go with the dresses. She also made all of our Halloween costumes. We would just tell my mom what we wanted to be and she would make it. As I grew older I would just tell her --I want to win. After trick-or-treating, we would go to the Robinson Twp. Fire Station (by Forest Grove Elementary School) and enter into the contests. I must say, I did win a lot. My mom was good.


Here is me and my sister in one of my mom's creations. Don't we look cute.

Isn't it funny how styles come back? The knee highs? The ....................................................short dresses?








This pile of fabric reminds me of my grandmother (we called her gram). She wore polyester and made me a lot of pants from polyester. The bottom piece of fabric looks like a pair of pants that she used to wear. The pink check looks like a coat that she used to wear. And the plaid looks like the material that she used to make me shorts. Does any of the fabric look familiar to you? Does it remind you of your younger years? I intend on putting scraps of this fabric throughout the pages that I am going to scrapbook of my gram.


Here is a photo of me sporting a pair of shorts that my gram had made for me. I am running in the Great Race in Pittsburgh.
I loved those shorts. They were so comfortable, and I am sure that is why I chose to run in them.







Well, I am going to go back to cutting my fabric. I'll keep you posted. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.



2 comments:

  1. Ok so you have a good idea for the fabric, but how much could you possibly put into this scrapbook? We did look cute in thoes dresses! and I remember thoes shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are right. I am still cutting and folding.I have a problem....I know..I know.

    ReplyDelete