Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Nighttime

Well, my first blog returned 2 followers with comments. How cool. I have been thinking about what I will tackle tomorrow. And it hit me. Most of my day is consumed by attending to my dog. Whenever I get side tracked, delayed, confused, or frustrated, you can bet my dog is behind it. She likes to play hide and seek. She runs away, and I have to find her. This is not my favorite game. And she used to stay in our yard --- not anymore. To combat her latest game, I now have to put her on a leash. Oh so sad. Just when I thought that game had been conquered, she decides that she wants to go outside at least 10 times and that is just in the morning. Then, it's treat time, play time, nap time, breakfast, lunch, and dinner time. Exhausting. No wonder I have a difficult time staying on task.
That's right I need to get back on task. I took pictures of my boxes in all my rooms. I will post them. I am currently trying to get the house back in order, since the holidays are over. Speaking of holidays, I still have not sent out my cards. I have about 100 of them sitting on my living room table just waiting for me to put the "Holiday Letter" inside. I should do that task tomorrow. I have to get 100 copies of the letter, put it inside, make sure it is still under 1 oz, and then go to the post office to drop them off. This is another thing that gets in my way of organizing--everyday life. Hopefully I learn a little from this blog because right now I usually do things when I think of them.
Anyway let's get to a funny "girl" story - ok - ok. This little number is taken from my Holiday Letter. So, I have gained some weight being on these meds, and you know how you will do anything not to buy the next size up. Well, I finally had to break down and over the summer I bought some new clothes for myself. But this story is about our church Christmas party. I had a black skirt that I still fit, a black shirt, and of course black shoes. What I didn't have was a bigger size of black pantyhose. So, I looked thru all of my hose and I found the longest pair. I was so happy---I was putting them on and they fit. I stood up and bent over to put on my shoes. That's when it happened, --- my pantyhose started to roll. Girls you know what I mean. That slow roll that usually doesn't make a big difference. But this roll was different. It rolled and rolled down past my abdomen--- rolled and rolled until it got to my hips. WHAT. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. THIS --- THIS WAS MADNESS. My thighs were the stopper. Needless to say, I was very uncomfortable. There was a straight line of rolled pantyhose that went right across my butt. I couldn't think of anything that I could do, so I put on a long coat, and I got in the van. I turned to my husband and said that I would not be able to walk around and talk to people. I told him that I felt so uncomfortable. But my husband (Dave) -- in perfect "Dave" fashion--- said OK -- so, we won't go. I said,"Really." He said, "Why would I want you to be uncomfortable." So, we didn't go. Come to find out --- we wrote the wrong date down for the Christmas party --- so, we didn't miss it after all.
Well, my sleeping pills are finally kicking in, so I must go. It is amazing how slow and exaggerated everything seems when those pills kick in. Anyway, hope you laughed a little and I hope I get something done tomorrow. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

2 comments:

  1. hilarious! I'm a fan of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me and my husband laugh so hard! Thanks Deborah, I needed a laugh.

    ReplyDelete