Thursday, January 28, 2010

Life

So, I have had a toothache for a while, but then it spread to my gums. I had a root canal done back in November of 2009, but I never went back for him to finish it (I don't like going to the dentist). So, it got infected --that is why I have been in soooo much pain. I am on antibiotics, and I did visit the dentist today. He worked on me for about an hour. He drained it and then he put something in there to help it heal. Then, he closed it back up. Moral of the story: don't wait so long to get the 2nd part of the root canal done.
Whenever I was going through some rough times, I had panicked at the dentist. He eventually gave me the "gas", so that I could get through the work that he needed to do. After awhile, he felt that I could handle things again on my own--so he didn't give me the "gas" anymore. I liked getting the "gas" because it would calm me down and I wasn't afraid/anxious to go to the dentist anymore. Now, that isn't the case. I handle it on my own, which I guess is a good thing--it means I'm getting better/stronger--but I am left feeling stressed and anxious.
With that stress, I went to Burger King. I ordered a hamburger and onion rings (usually I would have a Whopper Jr., fries/onion rings, pop, and a Hershey pie). So, even though I broke down, I did ok.
I have to go to therapy today, I have a feeling that it may be stressful--the whole family is going. So, I don't know if I will get a task in today. I am going to try to go to the Y around 7pm and I will try to get a task done -- even if it is small.
I will keep you updated. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, and my husband and I fought this morning---I have had a day full of stress, and it is only 12:50pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the future maybe you could try taking some healthful snacks or lunch with you to your errands to try to avoid the fast food restaurant. It's something like a picnic in the car. It only takes a few min. but is worth it. Because I have food allergies, this is what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if I don't take along snacks/lunch, then the only thing I can eat at a fast food restaurant are fries (but am trying to avoid all that oil/fat, which keeps me from losing weight) so I'll go and buy some bananas or crunch granola bars to munch on. Sometimes I'll leave crunch granola bars in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good idea--to take food with me. I have so many appt. that I would really feel better if I ate healthier. I already make sure that I have a water bottle ( I love drinking water), so now I just need to make sure I take a snack. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete