Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Epicenter



Here is our den. I have transformed it into the "Epicenter". I went around the house and I collected 9 totes and 3 baskets. I want to get the project underway, so I used what I already had.

Originally, I was going to label the containers by room, but then I thought ... do I really have kitchen stuff in other rooms ...probably not. So, I will label the containers as follows: magazine (articles), memorabilia, basement, craft, the kids, paperwork, notebooks/books, receipts/coupons/business cards, mail, donation, trash. That's how I will start, if I need to change, I will.

Then again- does it sound like I am micro organizing again instead of macro.

Here is what paintergirl said: use the rooms in your house...

(Here is what I did: (categories))

laundry .......... (memorabilia)

kitchen ...........(magazine/articles)

living room ... (receipts/coupons/bus. cards)

den ................. (paperwork)

computer room .....(notebooks/books)

spare bedroom ..... (mail)

kids' rooms ..... kids' rooms

my bedroom/closet/bathroom .......

craft room ...... craft room

basement ....... basement

donation ......... donation

trash ............... trash

I do like her way better because all the paper can go in 1 container. This will definitely cut down on the time I use to sort.

So, here is my final list:

1-laundry

2-kitchen/receipts/coupons/business cards

3-living room/magazine/articles

4-den/paperwork

5-computer room/mail/notebooks/folders/books

6-spare bedroom/photos

7-kids' rooms

8-bedroom/closet

9-bathroom

10-craft room

11-memorabilia

12-basement

13-donation (use a bag - if needed)

14-trash (use a bag)

So, I got my answer on how to clean up the big mess from the pile....just sort it into the appropriate container. It looks like I need to find 1 or 2 more totes/baskets.

I will keep you informed on my progress. Until then...

This is me. This is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment