Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Craft Room

This is it. My mystical, magical, filled to the brim" room that I love - my craft room. Some call it a store, I call it home.I have a place for my punches, stamps, ribbon, adhesives, beads, fibers, wire, buttons, tags, rhinestones, jewelry, stickers, paper, stencils, brads, eyelets, flowers, material, embellishments (metal,plastic,and wooden), sand, confetti, paper clips, staples, cards, and idea books. From the words of my niece- "I love it so much". I have a weeping willow tree that shades the work table like a little cove. There is a lamp post nestled in the back that holds my jewelry in different containers pertaining to different colors. My computer is on a desk that forms a "U".

I love being in here, but there is still a lot of work to be done. This room has overwhelmed the best of organizers. I have even tried to win a contest that Oprah had on organizing. I know that the tote/basket system worked downstairs, but could it work in this room. And, how can it work in this room. I have organized a lot, but there is still so much more to do. Do you have an organizing method for material/fabric, or how about scrapbooking paper paper. I have solid paper, patterned paper, seasonal paper, themed paper, and paper packs. As for my stickers, they are housed in photo boxes labeled by their theme. My ribbon takes up a lot of space, but I can just walk up and pick what I want out. I would say I need a system for my material the most because I don't have it all displayed. And if I can't see it, I won't use it.
This is a diagram of my room. I tried to color code like things. The photos that I will be uploading will be from the wall on the left - to the middle - to the back wall - to the wall on the right - to the middle - back to the wall on the right- to the wall next to the washer and dryer - to the wall by the doorway.
Again, I have done a lot of organizing in this room, and I have changed the design at least 10 times. I am wondering if I use the tote/basket system in this room - would it work? I could use the different categories of stuff in the room instead of different rooms in the house.

So, here it goes.
Punches .................................................... Stamps

ribbon .................................................... ribbon (holiday)

ribbon ............................................................ beads
fibers ............................................................. fibers



scrapbooking albums ......................................... stickers

jewelry.......................... jewelry*confetti*sand*rocks


My desk ....................Desk/sewing? books underneath




embellishments/buttons beads ..................... beads
rhinestones/jewelry parts
paper .................................... paper/stencils/alphabet(s)




paper *belts ........................................flowers



.....................................material



inks/glitter



My work table ................................. adhesives



tools .................................................... idea books

If you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments --- let me know. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

9 comments:

  1. INCREDIBLE! Here is my idea, do not buy one more CRAFT ITEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My next thought is: Really think in your head what your true goal for that room is? what do you really want to do in that room? Do you see yourself scrapbooking? photography? quilting (LOL)? then when you can visualize what you want to be doing in that space...Then you go through and get rid of everything that does not fit with your goal. Then you can organize everything you are left with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I kept looking at these pictures and you have such a gift for organizing! You just have too much stuff, you could duplicate your craft room 10x over. You also have such a gift for putting color together and choosing bright colors and being drawn to colors. Maybe you should not set your mind to scrapbooking but to organizing other scrapbookers. If you ask me you really like to organize PRETTY STUFF in all sort of pretty ways, and you just keep bringing in the stuff and the organizing stuff to organize it not really to work with it. Next thought maybe you should be in the basement instead of the craft room, you would have more space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you make me laugh. I like the windows of my craft room. But you are right, I do like to look at pretty things in pretty containers. I did organize a scrapbooking area for 2 of my friends. It was fun and everything seemed to come to me naturally. I did enjoy finding differnent pretty containers to hold their supplies. You are correct when you say I could duplicate my room 10x over. I'll let you know when I use a piece of material in a scrapbook. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is WOW! Very pretty Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My question is, how do you sew on that sewing table? I agree with paintergirl. And if you get rid of that stuff you should definitely sell it on ebay. You'd make enough money for a cleaning lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually can't sew on the sewing table right now. I agree that I have to get rid of stuff--I am just struggling with what to get rid of. We did have a cleaning lady before, but I need someone like Jan who also organizes. I have definitely become too attached to my craft supplies. I need to break the bond. I know that it is a process and I am working at it. Ebay is a good way to go, but it is very time consuming for me. My brain doesn't work like it used to--it is much slower. So, it takes me a long time to take the photos, list, and then package the item. I go to a scrapbooking event every month, and I can sell my items there. I just need to get to a point that I can let go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about ebay. Very time consuming. Good luck letting go!

    ReplyDelete