Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weight Loss?


So, I decided to count up the amount of fat and calories that I eat a day with my Jenny Craig food. I average : meals-17g of fat and 760 calories. This does not take into account snacks, fruit, dairy, or anytime bars. Those numbers are just for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have to admit ---I really like their food, and it is easy to prepare (I mostly buy frozen meals). Whenever I researched how much fat should one consume a day here were the numbers that I got.





For a woman with little activity:


Calories...1600..........Max fat grams...44-62


Max cal. from fat...400-560.....Max cal. from sat. fat...less than 112


Max grams of sat. fat...less than 12grams


They noted that if a person wanted to lose weight, the numbers would be less and they would have to consult their doctor.


So, my meals definitely fall in the range, and once you add everything else that I have been eating --well that would bring me up or take me over the recommendations. And that is why I am not losing weight. I need to stick to the plan, and delay my gratification of chocolate and ice cream. It is very hard for me. And that is why I...


Bought a bottle of Leptorexin (weight loss pills) today. I am going to try this product, and I will let you know how it is working. I am pretty excited about it. I have to admit, when people tell me that it will be difficult for me to lose weight because of all of the medications that I am on---well, it's discouraging. This pill has been featured on ABC, CBS News, CNN, and WSJ.com. and comes with a 100% guarantee. I don't know if it will make a difference, but I can tell you this. For over 1 month (last year), I followed the Jenny Craig plan and I swam between 1hour and 1 1/2 hours a day. I lost very little (maybe 2 lbs). And that was for a month. I became very discouraged and I stopped swimming and eating right. Well, I ended up here (I gained 5 lbs since I stopped working out and eating right). I don't want to keep gaining, but I don't want to work as hard as I was and see little results. So, I will give this pill a try. Hopefully, I see a difference as quickly as their ad suggests. They mention that a person's weight may not change, but their appearance (weight loss in belly area) will change. The reason that a person's weight may not change is because their muscle weight will be increasing. Hey, if I see a difference---that is good enough for me.


Well, I'm off to eat my breakfast and then go to the Y. The pool will be closing early today (11:30am) for a swim meet. I'll talk to you soon. Until then...


This is me. This is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Calories in and then those calories need to be consumed by activity and the activity calories must be greater than the food calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my neighbor Paul has lost 50lbs this year, and not with exercising, but with not eating late and eating three meals and a little snack. and his last meal is a lighter meal (peanut butter and jelly sandwich), instead of a big dinner at 7 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on the calories in and out. I will try not eating past 7pm. And as far as the meal goes, all of Jenny's meals rank pretty much the same. I often do forget to add my fruits and veggies--like I should.

    ReplyDelete