Monday, March 22, 2010

Wrapping Up the Ribbon


Here is the finished product. This is the piece that I was telling you about---it is actually to hold plates. Can't you just imagine it painted white? It is going to look so crisp and clean.
The ribbons on the top rod are my holiday ribbons, word ribbons, sports ribbons, felt ribbons, cartoon character ribbons, Stampin' Up ribbons, music ribbons, dog ribbons, and mesh.
On the bottom I have all of my colors from silver to black.
Doing the ribbons was a little tricky. Not all of the colors fit neatly into one box. The big boxes on top hold:1)Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, 4th of July-- 2)Halloween and Thanksgiving---3)Christmas and Winter---4) White, Cream, and Gold. Then, I needed to get photo boxes for the overflow of ribbon. The tricky part here is labeling the box and the clip so that I can find where the spool of ribbon is. For example: I have 5 clips of green ribbon. I have a light green, a bright green, a moss green, a dark green, and a various green. All of the greens are housed in the regular boxes except the various green which is housed in a photo box (with other colors).

I have 2 totes of ribbon doubles. This will be a good thing to either sell on the Internet (EBay or Etsy), or I could sell it at my garage sale by the 15"-1 yard.
I am really glad that I did this task. Not only do I have a better idea at how much ribbon I have (I have a problem), but I am getting rid of my doubles. This will clear up a lot of room--Well, it will clear up 1 shelf of my chrome shelving. That is good for me. I'll take any extra space that I can get.
Well, I am off to clean my kitchen and take all of the rest of the boxes upstairs. I have already chosen my next project---I am going to move my material from 1 shelving unit to another. The one that I am moving it to is a piece that my sister thought would look good if it stayed in my room. I am moving the material from the wire shelving that you typically see in a dorm room or some use them for holding their scrapbooking materials (especially their paper).
So, I will go for now I will keep you informed. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

2 comments:

  1. You're a genius! The plate rack looks great with those curtain hooks--and am looking forward to seeing it white. Congratulations on getting the ribbon completed. Glad to hear that you're getting back to the material project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica. I just feel so much better working toward my craft room goal. I can see the transformation taking place and it is awesome. I can't wait to have my clearing clutter party. Hopefully, I can unveil my room at that time.

    ReplyDelete