Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday - A Day of Work?


So this has been my work area for the past couple days. It has gotten progressively worse as time has gone by. I did my ribbons, and for a while the area looked like this, but then I cleaned up. Then it was on to my fibers. When I was doing those the area wasn't that bad. But now that I have done my raffia and 2 boxes of this and that----it is a mess. It was easy when I was doing the stuff that was already organized, but when it came to the boxes that had just fibers and ribbon in them---it got chaotic.
This is the worst part of organizing---the stragglers---and the clean-up. You see, now I have to go back into my ribbon and fiber totes and put away the rest of my stuff. That is such a hassle to me, but it needs to be done.
What I should do is clean up after everyday, then I would not have the mess that I have made. When I was staying at my sister's, I would have to clean up because the bed needed to be pulled out. I need to incorporate that type of thinking in my everyday projects. Where I get stuck is --- Well, say I am working on this box of fiber/ribbon and the day is done, but I am not. I know that I will continue the project tomorrow, so I don't clean-up. I guess if I was going this project in my craft room it wouldn't matter, but I am doing it in the living room. Not a place where you want to see ribbon and fibers draped across the couch. So, I guess this is one of my problems---I don't clean up when the day is done.

I have to put these boxes away. They need to go on the top shelf where the fibers are.
But to get there I need to go through this...


Yes, this is the state that the craft room is in currently. A state of disarray. I can walk through this path, but I can do little else.
This is what I mean when I say that I have to contort my body around the stuff in my craft room. Soon---I will be able to just take a box and start filling it with stuff to sell in my Clearing My Clutter Party/Garage Sale in May.
Whenever I took the shelves out, the stuff just went on the floor or where ever I could find room. Eventually I will be buying 5-6 shelving units to go along the wall on the left hand side. But, first I need to clear the room a bit, move the shelves that are currently on the wall away from the wall, and paint the wall. Then it will be ready for the shelves.


This is another project that I want to do today----move my book shelf into its correct location, and put my stamps on the shelves.
But you saw the area that I need to go through. It is clearly not big enough to fit this shelving unit sideways. So, more rearranging. I have to find a place for my books and the rest of the stuff on the shelves that don't belong there.
It will be a tough task, but this is what I am in store for today. I was going to start this project yesterday, but I just didn't have the energy. So, I will be starting fresh today, and hopefully I get a lot done.
So, to sum it up I have 3 projects for today:1) finish cutting the fibers and ribbon 2) put the fibers and ribbon on the correct corresponding clip 3) put the fibers and ribbon away in their correct box/tote 4) clean up the living room area 5) put the boxes of raffia, beads, etc away (on the fiber shelf) 6) clear an area large enough for the book shelf to fit through sideways 7) clear the book shelf 8) move the book shelf into it's new space 9) put my stamps on the book shelf. Wow. Did I say 3 projects---boy was I off. huh.Anyway, that is a full day. I usually don't go in order because I get tired, so I will start off by clearing the path,then I will do something easy like my fibers. Wish me luck---because I certainly do need it.
I will keep you updated. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

1 comment:

  1. I could see how those stragglers can be discouraging but like your attitude that those stray fibers/ribbons will be in their respective boxes with their kin. The paragraph about cleaning up after the day is done, which is what you think is a good thing being in the living room, but you don't because you have plans on finishing it the next day--as long as you keep to your word and finish that project the very next day, keep it out or maybe stack it up some.

    It'll feel good when the painting is all done.

    So 3 plans ended up being tripled! Wow. This task is daunting, but with your courage and determination it'll get done.

    ReplyDelete