Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Tote--Another Destination

This is my work area. I stamped on a hard book on the floor. The pressure to the stamp is best at that angle.
Here is a sample of a stamped sheet, and a completed tote. It takes a lot less time for me to stamp rather than cut and make the stamps. And I like stamping better because you get to see a finished product.
The stamped sample you see is in a book already being grouped with similar stamps.

Here is my cluttered and messy area. I need to clean up before I leave. The kids are sad that I am leaving and so am I. But, I need to spend time with the rest of my family (and I want to). Soon I will be meeting up with my mom, brother, and sister. We are going to lunch and we may do a little shopping. My brother wants me to experience their theater--you can order food and drinks right from your seat (you have a waitress/waiter). It seems pretty cool. After that, I head to my dad's. I'm really excited to show you his organized house. He is the master of organization. Anyway, I hope to get some good photos to show you. He doesn't have the Internet, so I will need to go to a place (like Panera Bread) that has wireless, so that I can continue to post.
Well, I am going to go for now. I hope you are having a good day--it is really nice where I am at.
I will keep you informed. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your vacation is going well and you are getting alot of your projects done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very new at scrapbooking and cardmaking so I have a question. What are those little colored pots (blue, pink, green) in the 1st picture? When you stamped on a hard book on the floor, you said that's the best angle. Would a mouse pad work just as well? I have lots of stamping to do on library cards and pockets (putting together a church library).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Roxanne--it is nice that I am able to get so much done.
    Monica--those pots are actually different colors of ink.FYI I just went to JoAnn Fabric and they had dollar bins full of ink. Anyway, you are going to want to stamp on a hard surface (a table or a hard book). A mouse pad will not work because it is spongy. I find that a hard surface works better. Also, to clean your stamps you can use baby wipes. It is an inexpensive way to clean your stamps.If you want to spend the money, you can get the stamp cleaner and the cleaning pad.If you invest in one that doesn't have a cleaning and drying side--you can use paper towels to dry them or get 2 (use one to clean and one to dry).

    ReplyDelete