Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Outstanding Day & A Learning Experience

So, I met up with my mom and brother and sister and we went to JoAnn Fabrics today. I had such a good time. I got all of the needed supplies for stamping for my nieces, and I got a few things for myself.
I bought quite a few books, some stickers, some paper, and some St. Patrick's Day stuff that was on clearance.
..
..


Then, we went to IKEA (my brother's wife joined us). I just love that store. I could spend hours in there, but as usual everyone was waiting for me.
I got these 2 cute pillows for my living room. The black & white organizer is for my closet. The red boxes are for my craft room--the little jars are too. There is a wooden magazine holder that I am going to cover with material. I also bought a floor lamp for our living room. And finally is the salt & pepper mill that I am going to repurpose for embroidery floss. I am looking forward to that project. My family thought that I was insane, me--I thought I was brilliant. I am going to paint it white and wrap different colors around it. I have been watching Sarah's House (a designing show), since I have been at my sister's. Now I think I could be a designer. Isn't it funny how you can watch a show and think that is so awesome--I can do something like that. Anyway, I am going to take a before and after picture because I think I am onto something.

And now I am at Panera Bread because they have WiFi. My dad does not have the Internet, so I am going to do a couple post tonight. It is peaceful, nice music is playing, and I am drinking a lemonade. A great ending to a great day. One thing I didn't count on is my computer would not connect to the Internet, and I did not know why. So, I asked this nice man who was also on a computer, and he helped me out. Then, he said, "I am being extremely nice---not that I am not nice." Different--I thought to myself. Maybe he doesn't normally talk to people. Anyway, he was nice to me.
Well, I guess I will go for now. I'll keep you updated. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

2 comments: