Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ribbon Continued

So, my husband brought down 5 boxes of various ribbon, a tote full of Christmas ribbon, 4 photo boxes full of ribbon, and 3 plastic containers full of ribbon. I can tell you this --- I thought I was done with the blues and the greens---apparently not. I also have white, Check Spellingred, orange, yellow, and purple to find a place for. I also have to do a box full of cream and gold. A small plastic tote of "saying/word ribbon", a photo box of mauve, and a small container of dog ribbon.
..



This is what I have accomplished so far: my holiday ribbon (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving/Fall, and Christmas). I also did my music ribbon, my food/herb/mushroom ribbon, more brown ribbon (I knew I had more brown), my wine colored ribbon, my peach ribbon, and my felt ribbon.
I really have gotten a lot accomplished today, I hope to finish this task, if not today, I know that I can finish it tomorrow. (It may be challenging doing the colors that I have already done. I have to see if there is enough room in the box for more ribbon, and if there isn't then I have to get another box. I did run out of my IKEA boxes that I am storing my ribbon in, so I have been finding photo boxes and my white storage boxes to store the ribbon. I eventually will have to get the boxes from IKEA to have everything look uniform.
..


One thing I have noticed while doing this organizing project---the ribbon that comes wrapped around the cardboard leaves your ribbon with creases. Luckily I don't have much of this ribbon, but I was really disappointed in my discovery. Now, I am going to have to iron the ribbon before I use it---and that is a big inconvenience. So, if there is a choice between having the ribbon on a spool or on cardboard--choose the spool. If you have ribbon that is loose, just wind it in a circle. I have made the mistake of winding my ribbon around cardboard, but I haven't used it yet, so I did not know what kind of damage I was doing. Then again, some people don't care and they just adhere the ribbon the way that it is, if this is you--just ignore what I just said. On certain things, I am a bit of a perfectionist. I know --- weird huh. I have the qualities of having a cluttered, yet I will iron my scrapbooking ribbon...insane---insane in the membrane.
On that note, I am going to go. I need to get back to work--I feel good about getting everything done today. I have been working outside again---Wow-- it just makes me feel good--soaking up all of that sunshine. And I take little breaks to play frisbee or ball with my dog. Can it get any better? I think not.
I will keep you informed. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

2 comments:

  1. The creases in the ribbon won't lay flat when you use it and I've had to iron it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the companies know this (which I'm sure they do), then why put ribbon around cardboard? I am not looking forward to ironing my ribbon.

    ReplyDelete