Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tackling the Ribbon

Today, was a lazy day for me. But, then ---all of a sudden-- I got a burst of energy.


I went to my craft room to start the overhaul project. The picture to the left is some of my ribbon. I boxed it up--- sorted by color--- and put it in the boxes below. (If you remember, I had my stickers in them.) White shelves from IKEA are going to line the wall that contained the chrome shelving, the black shelving, and the yellow shelves.







..


..


..
Then, I went to the shelves that held my fibers. I neatly stacked all of the totes in the middle of the floor. This is the area that my couch, coffee table, and chair will be. Once I remove the 2 shelving units...the room will definitely open up.


..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
I also started working on the other black shelves.
The ribbon to the right is all that's left of both black shelves. I would have boxed them up, but I ran out of boxes. I have boxes, but they are being used for something else. So, I just have to clear those boxes out, find another container to hold what was in it, and then I will be set. I know that I at least have 4 boxes left--hopefully that does it. Then, these shelves can go downstairs too.
Tomorrow, I will be working in the garage (making room for the shelves and furniture that I am not using.
I have taken before photos because I cannot wait to see how this transformation is going to take place. I just thought of something--I may cut a piece of every ribbon and make a key chain for them. That way I will have all of my ribbon at my fingertips and I will not have to display it. GENIUS.
Well, I am going to go for now. I will keep you informed. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Like that idea of the ribbon key chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela and Monica. I do love the ribbon--it is so pretty, but I may have a tad to much.I may have to condense--I know--I hate to even think it.
    I really like the key chain idea too. I hope I can make it work. I have been thinking about ideas on how to make it work.

    ReplyDelete