Friday, March 5, 2010

My Favorite Things About My Sister's House


First of all, this is the sink in their half bath. She put big stones (that you can get at the store) in the bowl. It looks like a spa sink.

This is the shower in their full bath. It is so wonderful taking a shower here because there is a block glass window in the shower. And their shower faces east, so the sun is shining bright when you are taking your shower. And you hardly have to use the lights because the window allows so much light to come in.



You may remember this room--it is where I am staying. I love her shelves of books. And the curtain is hiding 2 door that are behind it--genius.


This is where she keeps all of her computer "stuff". She really has a knack of finding the cutest boxes and luggage.
Here is the living room. Now she has 3 kids and look how nice it is. They live in their living room, but it is one area that seems to always be picked up. It is so comfy here. She is always telling me--have a staple in your room. Something that you love and it is ok if you spend some money on it. That piece would be "the table". It is definitely the staple of this room--it's gorgeous.
Her kitchen is another favorite of mine. It is so open...and it has a lot of character.
This looks like a chalk board, but it isn't. She made her own chalkboard by framing out the area in wood (from Home Depot or Lowes), and then painting the inside with chalkboard paint. So, you can make a chalkboard of any size or shape and you can put it anywhere. She also usually has a saying or quote on her board.

This is another cool thing that she has in her kitchen-framed art work. And yes the art work is from her children. Cool huh.



Here is her game closet. It is not a big deal, but it keeps all the games out of sight, and all of the games that "the little ones" play can be at the bottom.




She makes her beds look so comfy--I just want to climb right in. It doesn't matter if the bed is made or not made (which she didn't want me to take it)-it looks so comfy. Doesn't it?

The colors and patterns are awesome. Again, the staple in my sister's room is the bed--same with the girls room. Before I had the privilege of sleeping on the sofa bed, I used to sleep on one of their couches or the girls' bed. And let me tell you--those girl's beds are compfy--they live in luxury.
So, there it is --my sister's house. I need to let you know---she reads magazines. That is where a lot of the ideas come from--magazines. But she is the one who puts it all together. She is someone who can see it in a magazine and apply it to her life. To me she is very talented.
Well, that's all for now. I'll talk to you more later.Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. The framed artwork looks so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Thanks for the tour : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime. I just love the features of my sister's house. I agree Beauty Vibes--I love the framed artwork. It lookes cool and the kids feel proud about their artwork being on the wall.

    ReplyDelete