Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Fibers Are Complete



So, here I am organizing my fibers. This time I cut a 60" piece and wrapped it 4 times. I did this so that I can cut 1 piece from it and then store the rest by color. I think I am going to cut a piece 6-12" long and staple it to some heavy cardstock. Then I will put that in a binder, so all that I have to do is match up my photo to the fibers on the cardstock. I am choosing cardstock because regular paper would be too flimsy.
This is how Close to My Heart packages their fibers--cute huh. Most fibers are ok being wrapped around a piece of cardboard, but some are not. That is why you typically see the fibers and yarn wound and not on cardboard.


This is one of my fibers. Can you believe how big it is? I took some off of it and I will be selling this and another one at my Clearing My Clutter Party/Garage Sale.
I put the bottle of water next to it, so that you can see just how big it is. The other color is really pretty--it is a reddish fiber.




So, this is the finished product. Again look how beautiful it looks. And check out the bench---it is from my craft room. I now have it behind my couch in the living room. It looks good.
Well, I am going to go for now--dinner is ready. I will keep you updated. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

4 comments:

  1. I love your bench and the fibers look so cool sitting there! Did you ever decide what to do with the couch? Slipcover vs. new couch????
    Health and happiness,
    Angela
    http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are putting everything on hold. The budget really doesn't allow for a new couch and we really like the color of these slipcovers. I don't want to shop for more slipcovers and I don't see my husband shopping for the slipcovers --- even though he is the one who thinks the stains are noticeable. Thanks for the comment on the bench---I agree---they did look pretty cool sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember where you bought the hugmongous red fibre because it looks similar to the neutral color one I bought many yrs ago at Marc's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do. There is a greenhouse in Louisville/Canton on Columbus Rd. In the winter about 2 years ago they had a garage sale. They had a lot of craft items and that was one of them. I have another color it is more red.

    ReplyDelete