Monday, March 22, 2010

Changing Locations



The picture to the left was taken with flowers, jewelry items, buttons, brads, and eyelets. I wanted to see what it would look like with those type of things on it. So, I emptied the shelving unit.
I also had to take all of the material off the wire unit, so that I could put it in the other unit.







Here is the finished product. I wish I could take a full picture, but I have too many obstacles in my room right now. I plan to cover the back with material because it will be the back drop for my couch.
I do have other material---special---pretty material. Right now it is hanging on a rod--kinda like a hanging closet. I am not sure what I am going to do with that material yet.


Here is the finished product. This picture displays all of the boxes of ribbon. The storage boxes are nice, but I don't like the looks of the big white (moving) boxes. The boxes almost hit the ceiling, so I was thinking...what if I hung curtains...from the ceiling...to cover up that storage unit. That would be the quick fix. The more difficult fix would be to cover all the boxes in material. That would be a job. Does anyone have an idea? There will be another chrome shelving unit to the left of this one. And on the right will be a window. Let me know. I am really leaning towards the curtains from the ceiling.
I am quite tired. I think I am going to go and just sit in my room. I'll keep you updated. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

4 comments:

  1. I think curtains are an awesome idea. When we stayed in NYC, we stayed in this really nice apartment. Because space was limited, the couple hung curtains over two Ikea shelves (maybe they came that way??) and it hid all of their stuff that they didn't want people to see (games, baskets, etc) The curtain was very neutral so it blended well with their walls. Very tricky I say!
    Also, I will try to reply to your email that you sent me over the weekend. I am just not feeling well and it has been a long day : )
    Health and happiness,
    Angela
    http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you already have lots and lots of material......but the curtain idea sounds great. With the shelving units being next to the window, perhaps the ceiling to floor drapes could include the window. Using rings on a pole might easily move the drapes, esp if the window needs to be open but the shelves left closed. Just a thought. We have drapes clipped onto rings covering our French door and like them that way. Btw, Joann Fabrics is having specific window treatment hardware (something like that) on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remembered those pictures that you took of your sister's house. Didn't I see curtains attached to her bedroom closet door?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angela and Monica. I will eventually come up with something. I need to get the room painted so that I can move the chrome shelving in place. Then, I will have a better idea at what I am looking at. Thanks for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete