Friday, April 16, 2010

What A Difference A Shelf Makes


So, here is the original display. I have my fan, my sand memorabilia, and my desk stuff. But it didn't look all that great---even though I loved the
piece of furniture. So, I started thinking. I went into my spare bedroom, and I took all of the photo boxes off of this bookcase. I moved the bookcase into the craft room, and I started filling it up. I moved things in and out of the bookcase to make it look better. I put my paper clips in baby food jars and then I put them on a baby food jar rack. My staples are in glass jars too, so that I can see the pretty colors. My other paper clips are in glass jars, so that I can see the size and the color. The one display piece next to the jewelry piece was originally intended for cupcakes, but I found glass jars that fit perfectly, so now it holds paper clips. I have my radio, my fan, my desk stuff, my business cards, my sand (these 2 things and a few others are on the bottom shelf). The containers holding my desk stuff was originally holding chipboard for scrapbooking. I was able to keep one of my jewelry pieces to display items that I got on my vacations. My memorabilia is on top of the bookcase because it did not look appealing. Don't you think it is a HUGE difference? I do and I am glad that I came out of my comfort zone and decided to not use the piece of furniture that I "loved".
Well, I am going to go for today. I am happy with the way this project has turned out. I will keep you informed of the latest organizing project. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. There is a big difference in the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah! I love this display! It looks amazing! You are so good at organizing. : ) I wish my beads/jewelry stuff looked so good!
    Health and happiness,
    Angela
    http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete