Saturday, April 17, 2010

4/17 (15 Minute Workout)

Here is something new for the workout challenge. We will try to get 1 hour of a workout in everyday until May 12---that is 25 days. We will break down the workout into 15 minute time periods because we can do anything for 15 minutes.
So, today (for example), I will start with my 15 minutes on the treadmill, then I will walk---but while I am walking, I decide that I can do more---so, I walk for 30 minutes. Right there is 45 minutes, and it doesn't seem like it. Now, all I have to do is 15 minutes to round out the day. I end up doing 15 minutes on the treadmill---my day is done.
Some days will be tougher than others, but even a little workout is better than none. And by reading the article about the "Middle Age Spread", I need to workout everyday for at least 1 hour to lose weight (I actually may need to workout more than 1 hour to lose weight---but let's not think about that---ok---ok).
So, let's try this new challenge. I hope to hear from you. I'll talk to you tomorrow (and in the comments).

5 comments:

  1. The 15 minute thing sounds good - I will try that too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mowed the lawn for an hour today---I'm counting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in too--I'm beginning to slack just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did at least 15 min of hand weights while watching The Biggest Loser on Sat night at 8p.m. It was a shortened version of what was aired Tues night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea - breaking this down into manageable chunks... I could possibly manage this

    ReplyDelete