Friday, April 9, 2010

End of Fibers/Yarn & A Nest


So, here is the yarn that is left over. I have about 2 large totes full and I I have 2 suitcases full unused new fibers. Crazy, I know. It took me so long to roll the blue and purple fibers/yarn, I have decided to take a break from it. So, I put everything into my big clear totes and it is down in the basement. Whenever I want to get back into it--- it will be there.



This is the next project that I did. I had 5 containers (like the ones shown) full of chipboard. So, I sorted the chipboard. There was buttons, circles, squares, flowers, arrows, tabs, and tags. Chipboard is used in scrapbooking. What is nice about this chipboard is that it is colored, so you can use it as it is or you can cover it with paper or material.


Here is my front door with my wreath on it. My mom made the wreath---isn't it pretty? Anyway, when I walked out of my house this morning, a bird flew out of it. I looked inside and look what I saw---a pretty blue egg. I have another wreath that I used to use on the door for spring and a bird had made a nest---3 birds hatched (1 didn't make it). Anyway, each time I put that wreath up, a nest would get started and my husband would tell me to take it down. The same thing happened this year. I put that wreath up and a nest got started, so I took it down. I put this wreath up, and before I remembered to check for a nest---today happened. Now, I definitely can't take the wreath down. I like the little blue egg. I also think that it is amazing that little birds can hatch in a nest on our door. Nature---isn't it lovely.

Well, I need to pick this place up because my step-son is having a few buddies over for his birthday.
I'll keep you updated. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Deborah! How lucky you are to have a bird living in your wreath.... They must know you are a good soul!
    Good to see all of the progress you are making! I am trying to clear my clutter (garage and basement) too. I have been using the money I make for 1. A trip to visit my husband's family in Oregon this summer. 2. To reorganize my space and buy things that are truly useful. So, far it is working! I have saved over $1000 for our trip and bought a few quality pieces on Craigslist for the house.
    I posted my recent find on my blog if you want to check it out.
    Hope all is well.
    Health and happiness,
    Angela
    http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. We now have 2 eggs in the nest. Oh how the birds love our door and wreath. I will definitely check out your new finds. See ya.

    ReplyDelete