Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sand, Rocks, Buttons, and Boxes


Here is what I worked on today. I am preparing for my shelves to come. My brother and dad are coming to visit next week, and I am going to try to con them into bringing my shelves to me.
On this shelf are plastic pebbles, sand, rocks, shells, brads, eyelets, tags, etc. These are going to be heavy shelves, and the bookcase Check Spellingcan hold 66 lbs. a shelf (thank goodness). I still my move things around, but this set-up seems to flow pretty good. The only thing that I am contemplating is moving the eyelets, brads, tags, etc (the embellishments for my scrapbooking). We will see.
..
..

Next, I was trying to see what I could do with my buttons. The rack you see to the left is actually a rack for tapes ---go figure. The only problem that I see is that
I have many more buttons than the rack can hold. The glass jars are a nice touch because you can see the colors of the buttons. The rack is a great way to display because you don't have to stack the bottles on top of one another. I don't like to do that because then there is a greater chance of the jars falling ---and broken glass is not a good thing for a craft room. I will try to get another display unit or rack for the rest of the jars.

This is some of my jewelry pieces. It is not a big display and again I do like the glass and clear containers, so that I can see the items without opening a container. I find that the clear plastic containers that come 9 or 12 in a container do a great job. I use these containers for a lot of different craft items.
..
..

Here are some boxes that I haven't decided whether to keep or to let go. I do like them, but again with the bookcase---these boxes are too deep. 4 of them stack and I could use the top 3 of them turned sideways, but would that look nice? I just don't know. The boxes are definitely crafty and right now they hold my pom-poms and my pipe cleaners. And quite a few of them are empty. Well, I will have to figure out what I am going to do with these boxes ---I'll think on it.
Well, that was my day (around my crafts). I also mowed the lawn and went through some of the stuff in the garage ---what a task. Oh, yeah we now have 4 eggs in the nest on our front door. And let me tell you, she is a chirper. It is really cute.
I'll go for now. And I will keep you updated. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the rack. You can see the buttons really well!
    Health and happiness,
    Angela
    http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I like my little collection of racks---they serve such a great purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of sorting my buttons by color and think I'll do that sometime because I like the way that you store them--look bright and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you make simple stuff look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jan and Monica. Sorting is one thing that I do like to do, and I am usually pleased with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete