Sunday, April 25, 2010

Taking A Break---Absorbed In Paperwork

I will be taking a break until Monday, May 3, 2010. I have tried to juggle organizing and this paperwork that needs to be done by May 12,2010, and I have failed. I have not blogged the past 2 days, so I am taking a break.

I want to thank all of my readers for all of their support. I have really-really appreciated it. I feel like I am being inconsistent not blogging everyday because that is what I was doing and sometimes I would blog more than once a day.

I am absorbed in this paperwork, and with the medications that I am on, it is hard to keep focused. But this is something that I must do. I have to have all of my information organized and easily accessible because I am going up against the government. I have already been denied once, so my chances are diminishing. For this appeal, I need to present my information in person in front of a VA board member. I am a little bit nervous. I plan to have representation with me, but I am not sure if I will have the American Legion or the Disabled American Vets representative.

My health has not been the best during these past few days reviewing and collecting information for my case. It is a very sensitive subject (sexual assault), and one that I am finding hard to prove. The American Legion thought that I had a good case, but then I was denied. I have heard that they usually deny on the 1st try, but to appeal ---I believe--- you need new information. This is where my health has been deteriorating. The information is so personal and reviewing it leaves me full of anxiety.

So, that is why I need to take this week off. I really need to stay focused, and get all of my information together and organized in a way that I can present it to the VA board member. I was advised that I would get notification within the month. That is why I am so absorbed in this matter. I want to have as much information as I can to present a good case.

I will be back with you on Monday, May 3, 2010. Thank you again for all of your support. I will keep you informed. Until then...

This is me. This is my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Deborah. Just try to stay calm and focused so you can put your best foot forward. I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Deborah! Big hugs to you!
    Health and happiness,
    Angela
    http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete