Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Greens and Pinks and a Hoarder?



This is what I have been working on yesterday and today. I got the greens and the pinks done. All that is left is red, orange, and magenta. This has been a longer process than I had imagined, but it is freeing up some much needed space. With the empty totes, I am able to put my wire in one, my toole/organza in one, and we will have to see how many more totes will be available. I am really liking this down sizing process. You should see all of the left over yarn/fibers that I have.



This is what I am doing with the left over fibers/yarn---I am rolling them up into little balls to be purchased by scrapbookers and crafters. I wasn't quite sure how big/small they should be because I don't know what their new purpose will be. So, some are big and others are small.
Yesterday, I also worked in my craft room. I realized that there is still a lot that I can get rid of. I have a kid that wants to earn some extra money, so I am going to put him to work.
I recently found out that I am a hoarder. It is a little bit embarrassing to admit, but after I look around ----there is no denying it. I have my craft stuff in practically every room. And like my sister said, I am attached to my stuff---which makes it harder to get rid of. I am one of those collection hoarders. I don't buy 1 book---I buy 8. And that goes for everything. You have seen my ribbons, yarn, and fibers. Not to mention my stickers, paper, material, albums, books, stamps, punches, QuicKutz, beads, CD's, etc. They are organized, so I didn't consider myself a hoarder, but my stuff has spread all over the house---which isn't good. So, hopefully I can get rid of a lot of stuff come May. I really need to get into the mindset of paring down.
Well, I am going to go for now. I will keep you informed. Until then...
This is me. This is my blog.

5 comments:

  1. Really great to read this blog about your hoarding and that you're working in getting that under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has FINALLY realized it! yahoooooo! Deb, how much weight did you lose total? Ready for vacation? Can't wait. Call me when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing such an amazing job Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a great job - can;t wait for your sale - lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for all of the nice comments.It is very hard to admit that I am a hoarder, but I guess people who know me already knew. I am working at it---and it is hard. I can't wait for my sale either. And I have lost 10 lbs--yeah me. But I am going to have to blog it again because I have not done anything in a week.

    ReplyDelete