Sunday, April 11, 2010

Valuable Trash?



Do you remember this picture from yesterday? And how I tossed and turned over whether or not to look in the bags---well, I did. I looked in the bags. What tipped me off was---a bag was not fully closed and a Longenberger basket was hanging out. Yikes. Now not too many teenage kids know about Longenberger, but what I was to find today---in those bags---SHOCKING. I must say when I was talking to my sister we were both laughing so hard.
So, I find the gloves and chain to my step-son's punching bag, the handles and disc for the air hockey table, a basketball for our indoor basketball hoop, the net, paddles, and ball for ping-pong.
And he may not have realized that these reels are actually full of pictures from my mom's side of the family.
..
..
..
Then, I found a couple trash cans and the kicker ---the dustpan that he had asked for (I guess he was done with it.lol)
I also found money, the attachments for my craft table, moments, and various other things that were brand new with tags on.
My sister was happy to hear that this miracle boy wonder wasn't able to organize everything that quickly (something that has taken her years to perfect).
This is what the garage looks like now. I went through most of the trash, and I was going through the boxes that he had marked. It was quite a chore, since trash pick-up is tomorrow.
I did a pretty good job--- I still have 5 big trash bags. I still have stuff to go through, but I have been putting most of the items in the area for the garage sale.
I need to figure out what I am going to tell my "Clearing Clutter" boy. Maybe going through the trash isn't all that bad. He throws everything away and I keep what we want. I don't know---I have a couple days to think about it. Any suggestions? One good thing---my sister said that a true hoarder would have probably had a breakdown.
This is what I did to end out my day.
Well, I will keep you updated. Until then...This is me. This is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment